The Offices of Dr. Joan Greco is seeking…
We are looking for a qualified surgical assistant who is the right person to join an experienced and caring staff who is passionate about what they do. Our specialty is Oral & Maxillofacial surgery – making people look and feel better from the neck up.
Procedures & Duties
Procedures we perform include tooth extractions, dental implants, cosmetic facial surgery (eyes, nose, neck, jaw, etc.). Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- measuring vitals
- taking digital x-rays
- preparing treatment rooms
- welcoming patients
- passing instruments
- assisting during local and IV sedation procedures
- giving pre-op and post-op instructions to patients
- sterilization and infection control
- inventory ordering, and surgical equipment maintenance
- open clinical/treatment areas
- assist in monitoring patiens vital signs and oxygen saturation during recovery
- review home care instructions
- see patients post operatively
- rinse socket sites and address problems and concerns as appropriate
- must be able to utilize the electronic medical record
- follow HIPPA and OSHA guidelines
To fit in well with our team you must have excellent communication skills, clinical experience, a friendly demeanor, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Alternative Experience & Qualifications
Although experience in oral surgery is a must, and we would like to fill the position immediately, we might consider training you IF you are an eager and motivated performer WITH a background in health care such as medical assisting or dentistry.
Or, if you are already an EMT, surgical tech, or nurse who is looking for a better working situation, we might like to interview you if you are up to the challenge. We suspect you might find this position both fulfilling and rewarding.
Pay & Benefits
This is a full time, long term position where you’ll be joining an experienced, dedicated staff, who is committed to the finest patient care possible in one of Hawaii’s most reputable medical offices. Pay is commensurate with experience and licensure. Benefits include paid holidays, medical and dental insurance, bonuses, retirement benefits, and travel opportunities for continuing education.
Dr. Greco operates out of offices in Waimea and Hilo. As such, travel between the Hilo and Waimea offices will be required.
We are looking to fill this position with someone who currently resides on the Big Island of Hawaii. Therefore, please do not apply if you do not already live in Hawaii on The Big Island.
We have an online job application available if you would like to apply for this position.